Friday, May 27, 2011

Four Great Years

Tomorrow will be two weeks since I graduated from college. During these past couple of weeks, I have had a lot of time to sit back and think about my four years of college. All the ups and all the downs, all of the great friends that I made, and all of the memories that I will have with me forever.

When I was preparing to leave to go to college almost four years ago, everyone kept telling me the same thing: "College is the best years of your life, treasure every moment of it." And boy were they right. From pulling all-nighters due to excessive procrastination, to getting loose on weekends with friends, there are some things that I will certainly miss about college.

Nothing compares to living on a college campus. It is a social environment that cannot be matched. For me personally, by my senior year I had about three close groups of friends. Each one of them was great in their own way and I always knew that I could hang out with them whenever. That friendly, welcoming spirit was one of the great things about Catholic University. And I can say with absolute certainty that I think the relationships I made with people will be what I miss most. I'm a social guy. I like being around people, I like hanging out, socializing, getting loose with buddies, and just enjoying a good laugh.

One of the greatest and most heartfelt speeches ever given was Jim Valvano's ESPY speech back in 1993. In that speech he said that you should know where you came from, where you are now, and where you're going in life. I can safely say that I am in a good place right now and I am prepared for my future and have goals in place, and it is all because of where I came from. From growing up and being raised by great parents, to spending four wonderful years with great people in a fantastic university community. To those people at Catholic University and to all of my CUA friends, thank you. You will all hold a special place when it comes time again in the future to look back and remember where I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment